At 08:05 AM 8/24/2005, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
Zeev Suraski wrote:
> Why?  A great deal of users will be running with unicode semantics
> turned off, and I don't see a good reason to break source compatibility
> for them.  For example, if Foo Inc. wrote a module for PHP 4, and they
> want to migrate to PHP 6 - it should be a simple recompile.  It's OK if
> we barf when they turn unicode_sematics off, but not if they don't.

What happens when the extension gets an IS_UNICODE string passed to it
if they are not using zend_parse_parameters()?  These strings can exist
independent of the unicode semantics switch.

Well you can't resolve all problems but if they are expecting strings then they will work (unicode strings will be converted to native strings).

Andi