On 14.11.2005 12:55, Roman Ivanov wrote:
wishlist> input filter extension (including some element of user wishlist> control)

Will it be used _instead_ of $_POST and $_GET?

An extension instead of the arrays?
You must be missing something...

Honestly, I'm not so sure it's a good idea to implement it like PECL extension does. Filtering individual variables is, in my opinion, a wrong way to treat user input.

You may filter data recursively, so filtering, for example, _POST or _GET would
work fine.

Besides, is it really necessary to make input filtering a part of the language?

An extension is not a part of the language, you may or may not compile it,
while the language is still there.

It's a very high-level feature, and implementation may vary according to the needs of the developer. Plus, it's perfectly doable in pure PHP.

Yeah, that's why you can use your own callback for filtering.

In fact, I would go as far as removing session handling functions from the "core" language too.

You're late.
Four or three years ago I'd agree with you, but it's too late for that.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal