On 30.01.2006 22:04, Jeff Moore wrote:
On Jan 30, 2006, at 1:33 PM, Johannes Schlueter wrote:

"SplObjectStorage" is some thing which stores objects, that can be read out of
the name so it at least gives an idea and compared to your
"SplUniqueObjectContainer" it's quite short.

There are many ways to store objects. Arrays can store objects, too. What makes this class different?

It's part of PHP 5.1.2.

I didn't realize that. If I had, I probably wouldn't have posted in the first place. These things get in so fast and I rarely see any discussion on them.

It was added Sept. 15, while 5.1 was released 3 (three) months later (Dec. 19).
(See here:
http://cvs.php.net/viewcvs.cgi/php-src/ext/spl/spl_observer.c?view=log)

I think 3 months is more than enough time to discuss a name of a class.
Actually, betas and RCs are released exactly for that - to discuss and to test
new changes and additions.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal