Hello Jason,

  i changed from readonly to readable, which means the new keyword makes it
public for any read access, that is:

   private readable $abc;
   - class itself can read and write
   - public for everybody when reading, inside & outside of the class

   protected readable $abc;
   - class itself can read and write
   - sub-class can read and write
   - public for everybody when reading, inside & outside of the class

   public readable $abc;
   - just as public alone

best regards
marcus

> Hello Marcus,

>   Is this correct?

>   private readable $abc;
>   - doesn't make sense.
>
>   protected readable $abc;
>   - sub-class can read, not write
>   - not visible outside class

>   public readable $abc;
>   - sub-class can read, and write
>   - outside class can read, not write

>   If not, please clarify.
>   Thanks!

> --
> Best regards,
>  Jason                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Tuesday, May 16, 2006, 5:49:45 PM, you wrote:

MB>> Hello Andi,

MB>>   nothing else needs to be fixed. The patch considers a reference as a
write
MB>> operation as well as anything else that doesn't identify itself as a read
MB>> operation. And the enforcement itself just means that whatever you define
MB>> besides readable is being ignored for read operations.

MB>> best regards
MB>> marcus

MB>> Tuesday, May 16, 2006, 11:41:31 PM, you wrote:

>>> Where would readable be enforced? Would it try and prevent getting
>>> references to it? Are there any internal functions/classes which need
>>> fixing to honor readable?

>>> I think these answers would really be helpful.

>>> Thanks.

>>> Andi

MB>> Best regards,
MB>>  Marcus