Marcus Boerger wrote:
  i changed from readonly to readable, which means the new keyword makes it
public for any read access, that is:

So much for "readable" being obvious (i.e. you have to explain it).

   private readable $abc;
   - class itself can read and write
   - public for everybody when reading, inside & outside of the class

   protected readable $abc;
   - class itself can read and write
   - sub-class can read and write
   - public for everybody when reading, inside & outside of the class

   public readable $abc;
   - just as public alone

Does anyone apart from me wonder why we need to bloat the language for an obscure feature like this? Please take a step back, take a deep breath, count to 10 and that's *really* what the PHP community has been waiting for.

Please don't extend PHP until it accepts something like
        final static private readable $x;
because it could turn your brain into guacamole if you have to read code like that ;-)

PS: If anyone wants me to write a patch or test for "readable": No problem, I can write a patch disallowing "readable" quite quickly and I'd even sit down to write a test failing if readable is allowed in declarations (-:C

- Chris