I think we've really reached an unhealthy situation in PHP release
management.  We used to shift around this responsibility quite frequently.
Sometimes people would assume responsibility even for a mini release.
When people thought (and rightfully so) that I was a bit too busy to run the
PHP 5.1 releases, I had no problem with Ilia taking over. I saw this as a
positive change. We got another community member to assume responsibility
and take leadership. This is a good thing(TM).

Derick, I don't understand why you're holding on to this so much. I think
you've been very busy in the past 2-3 months, and even if you weren't,
there's no reason for Pierre not to run some releases now. Turning over the
RM management over from time to time is a good thing for our community. This
shouldn't be an indefinite job. It never was in the past and it's good to
let others assume responsibility too. After Pierre runs a few, it should go
to someone else...

Andi