On 7/18/06, Andi Gutmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's not exactly how I see it but let's wait for that until we make a
proposal. Suffice to say it'd be more like new PHP:Date() or import Date
from PHP; new Date();  Anyway, still not final proposal but just sending
this so that you know I don't expect to be concatinating strings such as
making PHPDate and PHP:Date equivalent.

That was exactly what I had in mind too.

Concatening would be too much magic. But the basic idea would be that
PHPDate could still be used in global namespace as well as Date in PHP
namespace so applications coming from PHP5 could work in PHP6 without
jumping through hoops.

Sincerely,
Olivier