If you set post_max_size to 0, you can parse the post data yourself from php://input. Combine that with the Content-Length value from apache_request_headers() and you have everything you need for a progress monitor.

I don't mean to detract from the hopefully soon-to-come support in the core, just to point out that it's already possible without a patch.

I have some code using this method in case anyone's interested, email me off-list.

Arpad

Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
How is that? You can't get any feedback from PHP (except, now, by installing/writing an extension) about how far along the upload is - no matter how much JavaScript you use. And the browser won't tell you.

Some people have scanned the /tmp directory for possible PHP uploads, but this obviously doesn't work even a bit for concurrent users.

-[Unknown]