Hello,

On 9/16/06, Dan Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 16/09/06, Ilia Alshanetsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 16-Sep-06, at 11:35 AM, Dan Scott wrote:
>
> > Minor: the general structure of the function names are
> > 'input_list_filters'.

> > for the two identified cases)
>
> I for one think we should try to keep the names of something that
> (hopefully) will be used often as short possible to reduce the likely
> hood of typos.
>
> Ilia Alshanetsky

Agreed. input_id_filter() is shorter than input_name_to_filter(), and
input_list_filters() is the same length as input_filters_list().

It should be something_to_something, not something_something. "is it
id_to_filter or id_filter?", no, I'm not going to ask me this question
in the next few years.

Also it is not a ID but its name, its ID is internal, numeric and
defined by a constant. name_to_filter reflects this fact, we can use
name_to_id if you prefer, but not id_to_filter.
However, that's nitpicking, you will use this function once a month
for debugging/testing/abstraction purposes.

input_filters_list or input_list_filters, I don't care, please choose one :)

--Pierre