On 29.09.2006 03:52, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
A good deal of time has passed and it seems Derick and Pierre are no closer to the consensus about the filter extension and in the meantime 5.2 release process is stalling. At this point I think as the Release Manager I need make a decision on how to proceed. Before I make a decision I'd like to hear some feedback from other developers and users of PHP on what they think.

The current options are:

I would like to see one more RC released.
And I think a _total_ freeze after this RC would make a lot of sense, since we
keep changing the code in every RC..

[x] Indefinitely delay 5.2 release until filter issue can be resolved.
[ ] Remove filter from PHP 5.2 and hope that some near-future release will re-introduce it [ ] Go with what we have right now, and if filter developers want to make changes they'll need to do so in a manner backwards compatible to the current code.

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal