Derick Rethans wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, Richard Quadling wrote:

With the recent discussion on E_STRICT and the waste of cpu cycles ...

Why is mktime(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) generating E_STRICT?

What is unstrict about this?

Why is important to use time() instead?

It's quicker.

as I just said on IRC:
i think an e_strict in that place is wrong .. for example the parameters could have been user supplied and you simply check that the parameters are integers

if e_strict is our way of telling users about back practices, we should really have a consensus on this list about what constitutes a bad practice.

regards,
Lukas