Hi,

I see this is the time to do language feature request. So let me add another. I very often use something like:
/$a = isset($x['abc']) ? //$x['abc'] : null;
/This is to prevent an E_NOTICE from being thrown.

This subject is already discussed many times, which led to a suggestion for PHP6 (http://www.php.net/~derick/meeting-notes.html#ifsetor-as-replacement-for-foo-isset-foo-foo-something-else)
/$foo = $_GET['foo'] ?: 42;/
This still throws an E_NOTICE when the first parameter is not set. Also $foo will be set to 42 if the input variable is 0. The conclusion is that this feature is useless for the presented situation.

I would like something similar to isset: ifsetor($var, [$default = null]);
/$a = ifsetor($x['abc']);
//$foo = ifsetor($_GET['foo'], 42);
/
I believe adding this feature will remove the biggest con people have on working with E_NOTICE enabled. I'm sorry if I reopen an already closed subject.

Best regards,
Arnold