On 10-Nov-06, at 4:57 PM, Tony Bibbs wrote:

While I could munge the class names in one or more packages as you suggest then I'm in maintainability hell because when I need to update one of the other packages (for security, features or bugfixes) you have to do the name munging again.

What? I suppose if you always want to name your latest class foobar, then yes, but then you have other problems... If you properly pick a classname you almost never need to rename it let alone the methods contained with the class. Plus namespaces are going to introduce their own sets of problems where extension X adds namespace X, which some lib already decided to use and we are back to where we are at today.

Ilia Alshanetsky