On Dec 1, 2006, at 3:21 PM, Marcus Boerger wrote:

Hello Brian,

why should it do that? run-tests.php doesn't do anything with extensions.
  Meaning it only tests when you load your .so's by ini.

$(PHP_EXECUTABLE) -d 'open_basedir=' -d 'safe_mode=0' -d 'output_buffering=0' -d 'memory_limit=-1' $(top_srcdir)/run-tests.php -d 'extension_dir=modules/' -d `( . $(PHP_MODULES) ; echo extension=$ $dlname)` tests/; \

Given this only affects a make test being done in an extension that has been setup with a "phpize" command. Let me know if I've overlooked anything. I believe the above line that executes the "make test" causes two minor problems for ini files loading DSO's. First it sets the "extension_dir" to modules. Any attempt to load modules from installed ini files will fail because the path is now different. The second is that the last portion loads the extension by doing a "-d extension=<extname>" on the php commandline, which I causes my "already loaded error".

best regards
marcus