On 1/23/07, Gregory Beaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> # [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2007-01-23 08:59:46 -0600:
>
>> Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>>
>>> php.net distributes programs that violate the PHP license: e. g. PHPUnit
>>> or PHPDocumentor (see http://pecl.php.net).  If php.net is ok with
>>> ignoring the license terms (and has been for several years), does the
>>> license still mean sh!t?
>>>
>> Um wrong,  phpDocumentor *EXPLICITLY* wrote php group and asked for
>> permission to use php when we first switched to the php license years
>> ago.  Get your facts straight before posting rumors.
>>

> If I recall the discussions from several years ago correctly, the provisions
> to protect "PHP" were meant to prevent proliferation of programs written in
PHP
> and called PHPthis of ThatPHP.  So even if a special deal has allowed you to
> use "PHP" to endorse or promote PHPDocumentor, it is against the spirit of the
> license if not against the letter.
>
> I'd like to get permission to use PHP in the name of my MuchBetterDocumentor,
> where do I apply? ;)  http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php#5
Hi,

If you would take a look at section 3 and 4 of
http://php.net/license/3_01.txt

and 6. should matter too:

 6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following
    acknowledgment:
    "This product includes PHP software, freely available from
    <http://www.php.net/software/>".

phpDocumentor is distributed through php.net (pear).

--Pierre