On 1/27/07, Dmitry Stogov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

Agree 100%. The slowdown is not large (may be 1%), but internal dependencies
are to complex.
This solution may be similar to "indirect modification of overloaded
properties" or "return by reference", then mistakes give hundreds of bug
reports and takes years for completely fix.

> That's why I prefer the other solution which simply moves the
> JIT to runtime without other changes but a function to get
> the encoding error.
>
> To be honest, I do not understand the resistance to commit
> experimental code in head. For what really matters, we need a
> working solution. It does not need to be perfert, it needs to
> work (more or less). We still have plenty of time to improve
> it until 6 is out (not going to happen in the next months anyway).

I cannot restrict commits, I only tell my opinion.
If the patch will be fixed for opcode caches, and most of developers will
vote for it, it can go.

Oh! It was not a +1 from me for this patch, I still prefer my simpler
solution (which has to be written ;). However, as a temporary/test
code Sara's patch can do it for now no?