+1 and a +1 on Sara's comment. Especially if we are talking about PHP6. I could see an argument for 5.x not getting this in extension_dir. But, I still think sticking with one setting is better.

Sara Golemon wrote:
To facilitate this, I propose that we create a new directive called extensions_path that allows the sysadmin to configure a search path for extensions. I see the usage as going something like this:

extensions_path = "/local/extensions:$DEFAULT_EXTENSIONS_DIR"

Seems very useful and a good tool for administrators to keep their installations organized.

+1, but I'd rather see extension_dir expanded than add a new option which does much the same thing.

-Sara

--

Brian Moon