you should look at ffmpeg and other multi-codec libraries (sdl?)

On 3/21/07, Tijnema ! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/21/07, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I splice the ID3 tags onto the front of an MP3 stream in PHP on this
> site:
>
> http://uncommonground.com/
>
> The id3 library in PHP is quite good at this, but needs a maintainer...

Well, it is a start, now only processing work needs to be done :)
To convert from MP3 to Wave for example, I think this will require the
LAME lib, and to use with OGG, it will require the OGGvorbis lib. But
about WMA, I never saw a Linux lib for it. So that would require
creating a new lib for WMA, or directly implementing it into the PHP
source. So the MP3 and OGG support shouldn't bee too hard to
implement, but other file formats might be harder. And now I'm only
talking about Audio, my first idea was to implement Video
(Audio+Video). Video is even more advanced, then we should work with
DivX and XviD codecs. (Thank god, they are Open Source). But having
this support for video, it would be possible to easily create a site
like youtube, where they even have a "screenshot" of the movie, which
is actually just a frame in the middle of the file. And of course it
would be possible to resize the video files.

Kind Regards,

Tijnema