Hello Johannes,

> Hi Lukas,

> On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 16:37 +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>>     4. safe_mode/open_basedir
>>           1. remove safe mode and throw E_CORE_ERROR when set
>>           2. unbundle safe_mode_exec_dir from safe_mode and keep it
>> (rasmus) (take a look at this patch too)
>>           3. new ini option: open_basedir_for_include which would allow
>> using include/require(_once) on an expanded set of directories (sara)
>>
>> Whats the state here. I remember that there was still a fair bit of back
>> and forth on this point.

> At least safe_mode and magic_quotes are gone. I'm not sure about
> safe_mode_exec_dir or open_basedir_for_include.

>>     9. remove zend.ze1_compatibility mode and throw E_CORE_ERROR when
>> set DONE (dmitry)
>>
>> Same here. Gone for good?

> No.
> Dmitry removed it on 2006/03/16 10:33:23 but Zeev reverted that change
> on 2006/06/05 13:58:52.
> I didn't find the discussion but I remember there was some "When did we
> decide on that?" posting from Zeev.

I thought Zeev only brought it back for 5? We agreed for removing it in 6.
If it is still there we drop it. And if someone brings it back he will get
his access removed.

>>     4. add an ifsetor() construct with the middle value for the ?:
>> ternary operator dropped
>>
>> Kinda scared to mention this one. Me want very much though :)
>>

> Marcus recently added a ?: Operator which isn't exactly the ifsetor but
> close to it.

No, ifsetor will always be faster. Even @?: isn't the same as there still
error messages will be generated, just not send out.

> zend_language_parser.y revision 1.179
> date: 2007/03/04 16:25:57;  author: helly;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -1
> - Implement '?:'
> [DOC] "expr1 ?: expr1" is a shortcut for: "expr1 ? expr1 : expr2" as
>       exists in gcc and discussed some time back. Note that this is not
>       an implementation ifsetor($var, default). While ifsetor would not
>       generate any message for non existing variables or array indices
>       the ternary shortcut does. Also the ternary shortcut does a
> boolean
>       evaluation rather then checking for isset(). That way ther ternary
>       shortcut can work on any expression while ifsetor can only work on
>       variables. Also to be silent one has do do: "@$expr1 ?: $expr2".

Best regards,
 Marcus