Hello Pierre,

Monday, May 28, 2007, 11:47:22 AM, you wrote:

> Hi all,

> On 5/26/07, Ilia Alshanetsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On 26-May-07, at 6:51 AM, Edin Kadribasic wrote:
>>
>> > Ilia, I would really like to know why you are not merging patches
>> > to head?
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't have as much time to spend on PHP as I'd like
>> and I focus my attention on the aspects of PHP I use and can tests
>> using the dev environments I have. I do not have a ready PHP6
>> environment and do not have time to test thing with php6 code, with
>> which I do not have as much familiarity. Rather then making commits
>> that may break the builds or spending hours resolving conflicts I
>> focus my attention on PHP5 where fixes and improvements have tangible
>> benefits to users.
>>
>> That said the commits are all public and if someone who is more
>> familiar with php6 code then I can merge them, it would be great.

> Ilia has a good point here. All commits are public and he already said
> numerous times that he cannot merge his fixes to all branches (no
> matter the reasons :).

What? His fingers get burned or he just likes to screw all of us who
already put an endless amount of time into head? Not merging to active
trees means destroying PHP. There is nothing more to argue here.

> For the record, for all extensions I maintain or co maintain, I have
> no problem to have to merge his fixes (I do it for zip, it has 4
> branches!). I prefer to have fix for the stable tree shortly instead
> of waiting weeks. Maybe we can find other persons (I saw Tony's merge
> yesterday) to do it for other parts of PHP. It should not be a big
> problem.

That won't help unless you are willing to be his secretary and merge
everything he does. Becuase otherwise stuff will get lost. No matter
what. And that is very bad for PHP.

Best regards,
 Marcus