On Fri, June 29, 2007 3:25 am, Alexey Zakhlestin wrote:
> The thing which I don't understand is: why do people want backward
> compatibility that much?

Because if you run a webhost with a zillion users, half of whom are
screaming for PHP 6, and half of whom are screaming because something
broke, you're a very unhappy company.

Because if you have plug-in web-apps like forums, guestbooks, ... you
don't want to re-write the damn things.

> Call to developers:
> Create new versions of your apps/libraries which use new features of
> language. Make your users interested in upgrading. If users want it,
> hosting-owners  will consider upgrades faster. It's all about
> marketing ;)

And your code will be used by a tiny tiny fraction of the potential
audience...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?