Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Jochem Maas wrote:
>> Pierre wrote:

>>> Namespace is one _very_ important reason. If we need a "marketing"
>>> argument for PHP6 outside unicode, it is the one. I would also like to
>>> do not backport it (but we can backport it as well, my main problem is
>>> only this flag).
>>
>> late static binding is another reason (are we still going to get that?)
>
> well .. last I heard we are still stuck on this one, since it would
> require expanding the general zval structure.

oh, I see (well kind of), does this mean it may get taken off the table?
or is it slated as definite (assuming a satisfactory implementation can be
created)?

sorry to be a bore about LSB, it's just that it's the thing I look forward to
most :-), I have missed it since php5 was still in RC and I really believe that
LSB would improve php's OO model.

thank you for your feedback,
regards,
Jochem