On 7/9/07, Andi Gutmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No. If they don't get security updates then they can't really use it
anymore...

That's the ideal world. They should really not use it anymore but they
can and they will. No matter what we do. I saw many hosts with
outdated versions or using old Debian or BSD setups (have been used a
4.3 or 4.2 in the last months). Some Linux distributors will certainly
take care of php5 for an even longer period.

It is not really important if it is one year or six months (not like
php4 gives us a lot of work :), my preference still goes to the end of
this year. From my point of view, the year is merely a marketing
argument, if it helps us to get a better image, why not...

--Pierre