On 10.07.2007, at 00:06, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

I know, and I use spl_autoload_register. But then I would blatantly
suggest to remove __autoload() in PHP6 and force SPL to be compiled into
PHP.

I wouldn't go as far as removing it, but definitely would go as far as not recommending to use it if writing a library or application that includes independent modules (such as libraries). If you application is homogeneous and non-modular, then using it may be ok.

Well if we are speaking of best practices, the sensible thing for libs to do is to provide a function/method users can call inside their own __autoload() implementation. This way users are free to make their __autoload() work as they please/require.

regards,
Lukas