Simplicity is not always dumb, but it can be if it limits usability. It
might be "my PHP way" to define the language as pragmatic and I may be wrong
in assuming this. Nevertheless, we've demonstrated with great length that
multiple namespaces per file / namespaces delimited by braces can and
will be useful. I don't want it "my way" and I'm sure everybody not against
braces wants it "their way", we want to be able to choose which way we'd
like to use. Must we say please for that ? If it's the case: please ! ;-).

Alright, I'm out of this discussion.

On 7/8/07, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm going to have to agree with Larry, here. If there's no *real*
> namespace implementation in PHP6, there may as well not be one at

This implementation, while being simple, is as real as it gets. There's
nothing unreal in not having multiple namespaces per file.

> all. Take a look around at the countless other languages that already
> have this functionality. You're gimping the language further if you

And take look around at languages that don't - such as Python. Or Perl,
that though allows using package declaration in any block multiple
times, almost always uses it the same way we do, and even when it
doesn't it easily could. Or Java.

I think we need to officially declare "If it's not my way PHP is not a
real language" nonargument and automatically post monthly reminder of
that. I'm sure there are better arguments for any position.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]