On Tuesday 10 July 2007, Evert | Rooftop wrote:
> Andi Gutmans wrote:
> > I think the sooner the better as it's valuable information for the dev
> > team.
> > It'd probably be a good idea to have a Wiki where we can document issues
> > that/common use-cases which are encountered.
> > Maybe we should have a Wiki on one of the php.net servers for such
> > purposes?
> > Andi
>
> Is anyone aware of a list with a, say top 10 PHP applications?
>
> When such a wiki is setup, how would you suggest to write such
> documents.. At least a generic guide would be good (e.g.: common pitfalls)
> Should I be documenting the per-project specifics as well?
>
> Evert

Top 10 by what metric?  If I had to guess based on market share, I'd say
(unordered):

Drupal
Squirrelmail
WordPress
phpMyAdmin
MediaWiki
Joomla
PHPBB

And I run out of steam here. :-)  That's just my guess, though.

Probably a better place to look would be to see what is commonly
pre-installable or pre-installed at shared hosts.  phpMyAdmin and
Squirrelmail seem to be everywhere.  WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and PHPBB
seem to turn up in "free scripts!" lists a lot.

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson