Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
Do you have a patch?

Also @Antony Dovgal in the "let blocks" thread

Short answer: No.

The reason I posted my suggestions on this list was that a while ago I had a few ideas as to how PHP could be improved. A seasoned PHP developer suggested that I'd take my suggestions to this list.

As I have no "commit karma" - as it has been dubbed elsewhere - I have tried to be polite and keep a low profile, only speaking out when I thought that my perspective could be of value to the discussion at hand.

Now I have two questions:

(1) Is it considered bad form to make feature suggestions on this list, even though I am not in the position to make any patches myself?

(2) If so, can anyone point me to the place where such a feature request might be made?

And now - hypothetically speaking - maybe I could find some time during this autumn to actually learn a bit more C and make a patch. Wouldn't it be better if I made a patch that the community thought worthwhile and not spend my time developing something none ever would commit?

Just having someone say: "That sounds like a good idea", would be an encouragement for such an undertaking.

Lars Gunther