On Mon, July 30, 2007 2:22 am, Richard Lynch wrote:
> On Mon, July 16, 2007 7:47 am, Jani Taskinen wrote:
>> Now only places using the POSIX regex functions (ext/ereg/ excluded)
>> are
>> ext/standard/browscap.c and ext/pgsql/pgsql.c.
>
> For your review, my first patch (!) along with a php test case, of
> course, in a URL/directory structure that should be familiar:
>
> http://l-i-e.com/php5/ext/pgsql/
>
> :-)
>
> The commit comment should probably have something not unlike this:
> Use PCRE instead of POSIX regex
> Remove stray closing parenthesis in PG_TIME pattern

It's been a week and nobody has commented on this.

Should somebody commit it now?...

Or grant me commit karma to ext/pgsql

CVS username is 'lynch'

And, just to be sure, since it only changes internal workings and not
documented features, it should go into 5.x, right?...

Or is requiring PCRE instead of POSIX considered not BC for 5.x series?

I'll check PHP 6 pgsql and see if it's been Unicode-ified beyond
recognition for this patch, or if it applies cleanly there as well.

PS
I'll change the test case to do the insert with the converted data as
a further check that it worked, instead of a rather bogus test insert
of hand-coded data that it does now.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?