On Aug 15, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Christopher Jones wrote:
Did you get any further with merging this?  It would help users of
the XQuery language.

If I understand your intent, I would be able to change the code fragment
below to use a nowdoc, and not have to escape the XQuery $i variables.

Chris

<?php

$c = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/orcl");

$xq = <<<END
select column_value
from xmltable('for \$i in ora:view("locations") return \$i')
END;

$s = oci_parse($c, $xq);
oci_execute($s);
while ($row = oci_fetch_row($s))
        var_dump($row);
?>

I didn't get any further, no :(. The decision of whether to merge the nowdocs patch is out of my hands now, since I don't have source karma. However, since the main thing standing in the way of its implementation was concern over the usefulness, your comment is very helpful, and I'd like to open the topic for discussion again on the list, if no one out there has any objection :)

-- Gwynne, Daughter of the Code
"This whole world is an asylum for the incurable."