Hi,

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 09:33 +0400, Dmitry Stogov wrote:
> At least, I have one additional namespace related patch, that is not
> accepted yet.
>
> Renaming may require a lot of additional work with it.

Well, in my experience it's simpler to do such renaming inside an patch
(then it's a simple sed command) than after committing it to the tree
where you have to make sure not to accidentally rename other, unrelated,
stuff, too. That's the reason why I tried to do the renaming asap.

> Also, I am not sure that allbody agree with "package".

I didn't read all mails in that thread but from what I saw only
Stanislaw was against renaming it. I for myself don't care really much
about the name, but I tend to follow Marcus's argumentation[1] for
"package", it tastes a bit better for me.

What I would like is a soonish decision so we can advertise that feature
and get people testing it and playing with it without having to fear
that their (test-)code breaks the next day. (I didn't say it won't brake
the next day then, but it's good to give less excuses for not testing
that stuff. This testing would also include mysqlnd, unicode and
whatever else we have in HEAD right now)

johannes

[1] http://news.php.net/php.internals/31328