To: "Lukas Kahwe Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2007 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] PHP 5.3 Suggested Feature List (Summary)

On 16-Sep-07, at 11:02 AM, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
On 15-Sep-07, at 7:18 PM, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

NP ;-) Btw the detailed breakdown of the votes is available here http://bb.prohost.org/53Features.pdf

I have taken the data from this PDF and slightly reworked things [1] so that its easy to see which topics got more attention with votes than others. I think its critical to understand that several items were hard for the general community to vote on because of lack of expertise (as noted in several votes). As such I find it questionable to apply a +10 threshold on all items.

Furthermore I ask everybody to review if his vote was interpreted as they wanted in Ilia's PDF. Some people made their votes conditional, which is not supported by the formats chosen for tallying up the votes.

Lukas has a good point about the "0" votes, however if there are niche features most people don't really care/know about that in itself means that there is not much support for said functionality. IMHO the point of the vote was to identify KEY features general community (developers & users) would like to see in 5.3, not to introduce feature creep, which re-enumeration of the vote does to some extent, please keep that mind when reviewing the #s. Additionally, remember that 5.3 is a "minor" release and is not the most appropriate platform for "anything & everything" inclusion.

Ilia Alshanetsky