Marcus Boerger wrote:
  If you have such a patch you should definitively post it here so that we
can hve a look. Most interesting to us is however the oerformance impact. As
that was the main reason to go any further than adding return type hints.

Am I the only here who thinks that performance is not the major issue with this approach?

Method signatures lead to a different style of programming I personally wouldn't want to encourage in PHP.

I'm expecting some kind of "if you don't like it don't use it" answer but I wouldn't want to bloat the language for such a feature anyway.

Example:
It's too easy for someone to think it's a good idea to change
        function foo($x) { ... }
to something like
        function foo(string $x) { ... }
        function foo(int $x) { ... }
but this can lead to very subtle bugs as automatic type conversion can trick you into passing something different than you thought and hence could lead you to do
        foo(strval($x));
all over the place to not get any surprises. A Bad Thing(TM) IMHO.

Regards,
- Chris