Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
Opinions? Thoughts? And yes I am volunteering to help with the work, not just whining for a solution.

Just as a note - I'm doing my work builds with 2005 for some time now, and it works (at least for extension set I'm using :). However there's a twist for it since 2005 generates binaries linked against libraries which may not be installed by default, one may need this package: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en
in order to run such binaries.

I've also been doing builds on 2005 (and 2008) and providing those builds for quite a while, and yes you have to either install the new runtime dll (using that installer) or bundle it in side-by-side configuration. I have yet to hit runtime issues but I know other people have not been so lucky. In any case I'm just asking for "official" builds with new compilers for people to start testing/using.