This would be a good idea, if implemented with a compatibility layer to
be removed later.

::php
        ::str
        ::arr
        ::ob
        etc
::ext
        ::mysql
        ::mysqli

Userland code can then use a namespace such as ::app, or just use the
global namespace with no worries. Probably not going to happen, atleast
not for a while, due to compatibility issues, but just a thought.