On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Gregory Beaver wrote:

> However, in the global scope (no namespace) it would fail.  This is a
> bug that is easily fixed.  use should allow re-aliasing of global
> classes, and I could provide a very easy fix.

No, use should not allow this. Take the following example:

<?php
namespace blah;
use DomDocument as test;

class DOMDocument { }

$dom = new DOMDocument; //
$s = simplexml_import_dom($dom);

echo $s->book[0]->title; // blah
?>

Besides this being a *big* WTF factor (why is my internal class
suddendly doing something else?) simplexml will horrible fail in this
case.

Derick

--
Derick Rethans