Well, documentation can include the following written using large font:

Warning: This is not a closure. PHP doesn't have native means for
nested contexts. This construct is just another way of creating usual
function during compile-time. (for creating functions in run-time see
create_function)

It doesn't help. Nobody reads the docs if he thinks he understands how it should work anyway. Having disclaimer in the manual doesn't do much - we are not worried about being sued, we are worried about feature looking one way and actually working other way.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]