On 22.01.2008, at 04:14, Andi Gutmans wrote:

I don't think this affects PHP 5.3 (http://wiki.pooteeweet.org/PhP53VoteResult ) which I believe we're making good progress on. It allows us to get some of those features out earlier including things like namespaces which the various framework communities badly need. It will also allow many users who need ICU functionality to start using APIs which will be forward compatible with PHP 6.

Yeah, I really think our focus should be to put as many non BC breaking features into PHP 5.3 that were originally targeted for 6.0. This seems like the best thing for our users, even if that means people will be slower in migrating to PHP6.

@Johannes: Are we ready to start building some momentum around 5.3 (and thereby indirectly towards 6.0)?

regards,
Lukas