There is no functional implication and you will see the same behavior (except
for memory usage and performance). Also I think we agreed this would not be a
phpinfo() INI setting but one we can turn off for debugging purposes because
until it's completely stable there may be GC bugs (we've had several). Also
during the rollout process it'll help us triage performance issues if they come
up (Turn it off and let us know if you feel a difference). Of course the
bookkeeping is always on.

So suggest to keep it in, not in phpinfo() and see how things roll out.

Andi