Nevermind, I fixed it.

yes... but given that mine worked in the first place, the question is whether your (and Scott's) fixes will work here, which means I now need to check out 5_3 and try again. Sorry, it's going to have to be after I finish work for the day, taken up too much time already.

*talking to myself... again*

Just confirming that the build still appears to work fine on my box following today's changes (i.e. re2c generates files that are not empty, the resulting PHP binary returns version info on request etc etc).

So you didn't break it :)

- Steph