Gregory Beaver wrote:
Dmitry Stogov wrote:
Hi Greg,

I've fixed your patch to work with all functions (fopen,
file_get_contente).
Please verify it with ext/phar and then I'll commit it.

Thanks. Dmitry.

Gregory Beaver wrote:
Hi,

Please look at the stream wrappers in include_path patch I posted
last week.

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Dmitry,

the patch has a few major problems and a few minor ones.  First off,
there are spaces instead of tabs, which is not a huge deal, I've
corrected that in the attached patch.

thanks.

It is, however, logically void to do stream wrapper operations in
plain_wrapper.c.  I removed that code entirely.  Instead, the path
resolve is now done in php_stream_open_wrapper_ex where it belongs,
before determining which stream wrapper to open.

this is probably better, but then we should probably remove include_path from plain_file_wrapper at all.

This will result in a
double call to the function when calling include, but because the 2nd
call will simply return after determining it has received a full path.

I'll need to look into it more careful.

I've attached 2 patches (apparently, Zend is not included in cvs diff -u
of php5), 1 for adding path resolution to include/require (this is a
significant performance improvement over the existing code).  The second
patch adds stream wrapper support to both php_resolve_path and
_php_stream_open_wrapper_ex, which automatically gives stream wrapper in
include_path support to all current and future functions that use
include_path.

I'm not sure about performance improvement. This patch might make performance degradation especially for PHP with opcode caches.

I'll need to look into the patches and benchmark them.
Sorry, but I'll able to do it only on next week.
May be you'll get some ideas and improve the patch before I'll start.

Thanks. Dmitry.

Greg