Beats me, I'm sure posix-based systems don't, but it is called "Uniform
Naming Convention" so it's possible somebody might implement it

The fact that it's called "uniform" doesn't mean it works in anything but Windows :) In UNIX IIRC if one needs to access SMB volume the regular smb:// URLs are used, or tool-specific syntax. If you have something like automount, then you have regular /-based URLs, but never headr of // having any special meaning different from just /.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]