Hi!

When you can use string but not object with __toString?

my patch does that

Ok, that's great. So then it makes sense to allow converting int->string too, right? And then it'd also make sense to allow string->int too? Especially if we have object->int convertor and that can be allowed too.

In fact, we have good old conversion system used in parse_parameters. So why not use the same rules? That'd make at least some sense - give PHP programmers the tools that extension C programmers have. I still wouldn't like it too much but at least it would make sense :)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]