Nothing premature about it. It was time.

UG(unicode) checks are still secondary I think - they don't prevent us from doing tests and moving forward, although cleaning them up would be nice.

pack() should take binary strings only, methinks.

-Andrei

Steph Fox wrote:
I would've hoped that PHP 6 would be Unicode throughout. Maybe jumping around when Andrei removed the physical switch was premature... obviously the UG(unicode) checks are still in place, whereas their binary alternatives shouldn't still exist. Then again some things are unclear. What should happen with pack(), for example?

- Steph