Hi,

Just making sure I understood it well. Get isn't deprecated (good), set is (good), but what happens if I try to set magic quotes runtime *off* if it was *on* from the config.

I couldn't see anything about the PHP config setting being ignored/removed or throwing error in the RFC.

For code that must be portable, and I don't have access to server/PHP config, I often have something like this in init:

if (get_magic_quotes_runtime()) {
   set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);
}

if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
   include 'a_snippet_that_recursively_strips_slashes_off_gpc.php';
}

Regards,
Stan Vassilev