First of all, this was already discussed, search the archives before posting
your suggestions.

Second, I still see very little sense in suggestions not supported by patches.
You can add your +/-1 for ever, but it won't be implemented until someone sits
down and writes the patch.

And finally, this particular syntax would require us to change arrays to some kind of resources so that they could be indicated by some unique index (that's what was made to objects and now they can be referenced as func()->attr).
This apparently means overall source code rewrite only to enable this syntax of
doubtful usefulness.