Hello,

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see absolutely no use in "strict" mode. Moreover, I consider it harmful
> as it teaches people not to use dynamic nature of PHP but instead pepper
> their code with unnecessary checks and irrelevant errors.  As I said, I see
> no difference that could matter to PHP programmer between '1' and 1, and I
> don't see why we should encourage making this difference.
> I know there could be very special cases when it could matter, but
> importance and frequency of such cases do not warrant, in my opinion, their
> support by the syntax and the standard library of the language

Maybe we should stop using the 1 and '1' argument, yes, they can be juggled
to the same thing and I as well as others do see your point man. But try to
remember, 1 !== '1' and PHP is not an end all language, often we have to
communicate to strictly type systems, we need to be positive of what we
send. I.E. XMLRPC Client sends string instead of integer to some merchant
API changing the meaning of the request or voiding the transaction. PHP Made
a design decision long ago to allow developers to have script types, by this
decision with OOP5 and such strict type parameters would be made feature
complete and be a additional feature for people to use who want to use it.

IMO

-Chris