Hi,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Jevon Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you want to POST or do weird HTTP stuff, try the Curl extension.
> (Multiple platforms)

Also look into PEAR, they have some socket stuff as well I think, as
> well as lots of other extensions that implement other protocols.

But, doesn't this make my extension depend on Curl or any PEAR extension you
are talking about? That is what I wan't to avoid.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Larry Garfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Why do you need raw string level control over the HTTP request?  Wouldn't
> it
> be easier to use something that will handle all of the thousand edge cases
> and locking for you?

Yeah, might be the only thing I want to avoid is my extension depending on
other non standard (which are not shipped with PHP  by default) extensions.
Thats why I'm looking for lower level wrappers. Thats why I feel using CORE
API.