Lukas Kahwe Smith skrev:
But if we put the burden of being the last planned PHP 5 release onto 5.3, we will have huge issues getting it out the door. So please let us keep 5.4 on the table, but at the same time do everything we can to get PHP 6 onto some sort of "release schedule".

Let me see if I get this.

PHP 5.4 = 6.0 without Unicode.
PHP 6.0 = 5.4 plus Unicode.

It sounds like PHP 5.4 is actually needed when 6.0 no longer has the Unicode semantics on/off switch.

FWIW, personally, I need Unicode more than I need namespaces; I need Unicode more than I need traits; I need Unicode more than I need lambda and closures. I need Unicode more than I need {$capability_of_choice}. All of those things are nice, but Unicode is getting *critical*.

Lars Gunther