Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
Hi,

I am about to move all "to be discussed items" [1] to the future PHP release section (so after 5.3):

1) userspace streams filter that acts as a default filter through which require/include read their files (Sebastian, Sara) 2) XMLWriter: Add writeNode([xmlreader obj]), allow to create a push/pull parser 3) add a function that returns tsrm_thread_id() - already covered by zend_thread_id() but only in debug ZTS mode (Wez)

Regarding this, PHP is not pthreads conformant. The thread_id has own type and it is implementation specific. There is pthread_equal() to make comparison, although it is not used in the PHP code and the thread id is considered to be an int, last time I checked.

4) DOM recover error reporting mode
5) PDO: allow the DSN to be passed as array, proposal phase. An initial proposal was done here (pierre, lukas)
6) namespaces for internal classes
7) deprecate/remove ticks
8) Algorithm Optimizations - string search

For 6) it does not seem like we know a good solution at this stage. For 8) we might decide to selectively incorporate patches. Though it would be the authors job to present us two RMs with easy to evaluate candidate patches to consider.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[1] http://wiki.php.net/todo/php53#to_be_discussed