I had the same problem 2 days ago, the thing is the ; - display_errors = off in line 74 is just information. You have another display_errors (mine is in line 374) change that to: on.

Op 16 jul 2008, om 04:34 heeft Thorsten Suckow-Homberg het volgende geschreven:

By visiting php.info in a web browser I have confirmed the location of my php.ini file as /usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini. I open that file and edit the line:

; - display_errors = Off

and change it to

display_errors = On

I then retstart Appache and visit php.info which still reports display_errors = Off. What else can I do?

Should be simple: create a script with the following code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Then open that script in your browser. The generated output does also provide information about the path of the loaded php.ini.